Ventura Wrongful Death Attorneys
Helping Our Clients Seek Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries
The skilled lawyers at Morgan Law Firm have a wealth of experience representing clients throughout California who have suffered a wide variety of injuries, including serious and catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths.
A personal injury claim arises when a person has suffered harm due to the negligence or wrongful acts of another party. Personal injury claims commonly arise out of automobile accidents, train accidents, aviation accidents, slips and falls, and dog bites. Personal injury victims may recover for both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages generally include medical expenses for hospital stays and doctor’s appointments, past and future lost wages, and any other monetary expenses the person incurred because of the injury; non-economic damages generally include recovery for pain and suffering and emotional distress.
Call or text our firm today at (805) 644-8888 to learn about your options.
Wrongful Death Claims
When a person dies in an accident, his or her survivors may file a wrongful death action. Under the California Code of Civil Procedure, the decedent’s surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, and grandchildren may bring a wrongful death claim.
At Morgan Law Firm, our dedicated personal injury lawyers have extensive experience representing clients in wrongful death actions and strive to obtain the maximum recovery available.
The types of damages that may be recovered in a wrongful death action include:
- Expenses for funeral and burial costs
- Loss of future earnings (the amount the decedent would have earned and contributed to the support of his or her survivors)
- Loss of benefits (the amount of pension or retirement benefits to which the decedent would have been entitled)
- Loss of companionship, comfort, and care the decedent provided
Victims of accidents may suffer injuries that are catastrophic, life-changing, or debilitating. Common types of catastrophic injuries include:
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI): SCI involves damage where, at times, the backbone pinches the spinal cord, causing it to bruise and swell. In other cases, the spinal cord may be torn. SCI can cause debilitating injuries, such as paraplegia and/or loss of control of the bladder, bowels, and chronic pain.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): TBI involves damage to the brain caused by a sudden, forceful blow to the head, causing the brain to bruise and bleed. TBI can cause temporary loss of consciousness, or more severe conditions such as amnesia.
- Burn Injuries: Burn injuries involve damage to the skin caused by extreme heat, chemicals, electricity, or sunlight. Many complications commonly arise when the skin is damaged, including vulnerability to dehydration and infection, damage to internal organs, and physical scarring.
Catastrophic injuries also include injuries leading to loss of limbs or paralysis. It is essential that victims suffering from this type of severe harm are represented by lawyers who have a comprehensive understanding of the nature, causes, and characteristics of their injuries, which can require detailed knowledge of the relevant technical medical terms and concepts.
Seek Counsel from an Experienced Attorney
If you or a family member has suffered a serious injury or been killed in an accident, contact our firm today. Our personal injury lawyers will visit you at your home, office, or hospital room; we can even send you to our preferred doctors so that you do not have to pay medical costs out of pocket. We take personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you don’t pay attorneys’ fees unless and until we obtain recovery in your case.
Call Morgan Law Firm today at (805) 644-8888 or contact us online for a free initial consultation.
Why Choose Morgan Law Firm?Dedicated to Your Success
Free Consultation With an Attorney
Over 100 Years of Combined Legal Experience
Quick Response Times
No Fee Until We Recover